The world of Minecraft’s a dangerous place and so you’d be a fool not to make yourself some armour as soon as possible.
Here are 7 facts to help you decide what the best armour to use in Minecraft is:
- Cows are the earliest source of material for armour.
- Killing a cow will get you up to two units of leather and you only need four to make some boots – This will give you one armour defence point.
- Boots are better valued in the early days with leather, as well as iron and diamonds.
- A helmet and boots both only give you one defence point each.
- Using gold armour for boots will give you one defence point and the helmet offers two.
- Chest-plates always offer the best value. With leggings in second place iron armour lasts about 3 times as long as leather armour and diamond armour over twice as long again.
- Gold doesn’t last much longer than leather so you might assume gold armour is a waste of time. However, Golden Armour has an enchant-ability rating of 25 (compared to Leather, Diamond and Iron’s 15, 10 and 9, respectively).
Iron’s a good middle-ground when making armour but, if you can’t get your hands on any, leather’s better than nothing.
Gold’s not worth bothering with unless you need a magic boost for a specific adventure.
Anyone who’s got diamonds to waste doesn’t need our advice – they’ve already played the game way more than we have!
Whatever you go for, just be 100% sure it’s what you want before crafting it – there are no refunds in Minecraft.